Sweet & Sour Chicken Curry
This is a deliciously rich and not-too-spicy curry for those who love to cook a good curry.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 402 20%
Calories from Fat 123
Total Fat 13.7g 21%
Saturated Fat 2.5g 12%
Unsaturated Fat 9.1g
Total Carbohydrate 14.2g 4%
Dietary Fibre 0.9g 3%
Protein 53.9g 107%
Cholesterol 160.0mgs 53%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Spice mix 1
Spice mix 2
- Mix the tamarind concentrate, garlic & ginger paste and tomato ketchup in a bowl with 2 tbsp of water. Mix well. Add in Spice Mix 1 and stir well.
- Stir in the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and sir-fry Spice Mix 2 for 30 seconds to release the flavour.
- Add in the chicken with its marinade together with the sugar. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Stir in the green chilli and the cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 2 more minutes before serving.
The tamarind provides sourness while the sugar and tomato ketchup give the dish a sweetness. If you can’t get tamarind paste then you could use vinegar instead, but it won’t quite taste the same…
You can also make this with lamb or vegetables. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.