Scrambled Eggs French-Style
And you thought scrambled eggs were just scrambled eggs… The French do scrambled eggs in STYLE!
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 373 18%
Calories from Fat 192
Total Fat 21.4g 32%
Saturated Fat 9.6g 48%
Unsaturated Fat 10.1g
Total Carbohydrate 25.9g 8%
Dietary Fibre 1.4g 5%
Protein 18.6g 37%
Cholesterol 416.5mgs 138%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 10 g (½ oz) butter cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread or brioche, toasted and buttered
- ½ tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tbsp thin cream
- 2 tsp caviar (optional)
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan and turn to the lowest possible setting. Pour in the eggs and cook with constant stirring until the eggs begin to set.
- Add in the remaining butter and mix well.
- Add in the cream and chives. Mix and serve onto your buttered toast. Top off with a dollop of caviar.
Quantities given are for each person. For example, double the quantities to make enough for 2 people.
The eggs should be cooked really slowly to give them a rich and creamy feel.