This is a delicious vegetarian version of fajitas which doesn’t compromise on taste.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 368 18%
Calories from Fat 198
Total Fat 22.0g 33%
Saturated Fat 8.4g 42%
Unsaturated Fat 12.1g
Total Carbohydrate 33.1g 11%
Dietary Fibre 3.3g 13%
Protein 11.7g 23%
Cholesterol 32.3mgs 10%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 300 g (10 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion cut into thin segments
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
To construct the fajitas
- 4 flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan on a medium heat and cook the mushrooms and garlic for 4-5 minutes until the mushroooms are soft. Remove from the pan and put to one side.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add in the onion, capsicum, tomato purée, salt, pepper, spices and the lime juice. Stir-fry until the vegetables become soft.
- Add back the mushrooms and continue to cook for about 1 minute to ensure everything is heated through.
- Construct your fajitas according to your taste!
Cut the mushrooms quite thick. Large, flat mushrooms are ideal for this dish but just about any mushroom can be used.
You can also serve this with salsa on the side.