Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 871 43%
Calories from Fat 642
Total Fat 71.4g 109%
Saturated Fat 39.0g 195%
Unsaturated Fat 26.9g
Total Carbohydrate 32.1g 10%
Dietary Fibre 3.8g 15%
Protein 26.9g 53%
Cholesterol 668.1mgs 222%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For the Hollandaise sauce
For Eggs Benedict
For Eggs Florentine
- To prepare the Hollandaise sauce place a bowl over a pan of simmering water. The water must not touch the bottom of the bowl. Add in the egg yolks, vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk until the yolks just start to thicken then remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently melt the butter and add it a bit at a time to the egg yolks. Whisk vigourously between additions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Split the muffins in half and toast lightly under a grill.
- For Eggs Benedict grill the meat product. For Eggs Florentine wilt the spinach in a small amount of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then drain and press dry with a spoon.
- To poach the eggs heat a large pan of water to boiling point and add 2 tsp of vinegar. Put an egg into a ramekin and slide it into the water. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before removing carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Onto each half muffin put some meat/spinach, a poached egg, then spoon on some warm Hollandaise sauce. Scoff.
Eggs Atlantic or Eggs Hemingway (also known as Eggs Royale) substitutes salmon (or smoked salmon) for the ham. This is a common variation found in Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
Huevos Benedict substitutes avocado for the ham, and is topped with both salsa and hollandaise sauce.
Artichoke Benedict replaces the English muffin with a hollowed artichoke.
Country Benedict, sometimes known as Eggs Beauregard, replaces the English muffin, ham and hollandaise sauce with a American biscuit, sausage patties, and country gravy. The poached eggs are replaced with eggs fried to choice.
Irish Benedict replaces the ham with corned beef or Irish bacon.
Portobello Benedict substitutes Portobello mushrooms for the ham.
Eggs John Scott replaces the Hollandaise sauce with HP Sauce.
Eggs Provençal replaces the Hollandaise sauce with Béarnaise Sauce.