Courgette (Zucchini) Loaf
A cake made from courgettes? Oh yes! And it’s absolutely delicious!
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 140 7%
Calories from Fat 58
Total Fat 6.5g 10%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Unsaturated Fat 5.4g
Total Carbohydrate 19.2g 6%
Dietary Fibre 0.5g 2%
Protein 1.9g 3%
Cholesterol 16.4mgs 5%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and oil until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Add in the vanilla essence. Sift in the flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. Mix well. The mixture will be quite stiff at this stage.
- Coarsely grate the courgette and add it to the mixture (along with any optional ingredients). Mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake at 170°C for about an hour. Check with a skewer to see if it is cooked.
- Leave to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
The loaf freezes well