Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 179 8%
Calories from Fat 129
Total Fat 14.4g 22%
Saturated Fat 2.1g 10%
Unsaturated Fat 12.2g
Total Carbohydrate 12.6g 4%
Dietary Fibre 1.7g 6%
Protein 1.8g 3%
Cholesterol 0.0mgs 0%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and continue cooking for about 2 minutes until the aroma is apparent.
- Add in the flour and curry powder and continue cooking for 20 seconds.
- Add in the remaining spices. Slowly add water with stirring until you reach the consistency of sauce you prefer – somewhere around 1-1½cups.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, adding more water if required. Stir in a pinch of sugar and your sauce is ready!
This sauce can be used to make the kinds of curry that you get from a Chinese take-away. Typically you would part-cook your ingredients (chicken or vegetables) and finish cooking them in the simmering sauce.