Chicken Livers Lebanese-Style
This is a meze-style dish which is huge on flavour. Even though I’m not a big fan of liver I always look out for this if I’m in a Middle-Eastern restaurant!
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 545 27%
Calories from Fat 391
Total Fat 43.5g 66%
Saturated Fat 7.8g 39%
Unsaturated Fat 33.3g
Trans Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrate 3.5g 1%
Dietary Fibre 0.1g 0%
Protein 34.2g 68%
Cholesterol 690.0mgs 229%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 400 g (14 oz) chicken livers, chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp mint
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Flat bread (lavash or tortilla) to serve
- Mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT the lemon juice and marinate in the ‘fridge for 30 minutes.
- Fry the mixture on a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until all traces of pink have gone.
- Stir in the lemon juice and continue to cook for 30 seconds, then serve.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a flat bread such as lavash of flour tortillas. Even sliced white bread is good to soak up the juices!