Cauliflower and Cumin Soup
This is a wonderfully warming soup and so simple to make! Perfect for winter.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 126 6%
Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 7.8g 12%
Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%
Unsaturated Fat 6.3g
Total Carbohydrate 12.9g 4%
Dietary Fibre 4.3g 17%
Protein 4.4g 8%
Cholesterol 0.3mgs 0%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 750 g (1½ lb) cauliflower florets – about 1 large cauliflower
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds (or ½-1 tsp cumin powder)
- 800 ml (28 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cream to serve (optional)
- Chives to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions, garlic and cumin for 5 minutes to soften the onions.
- Add the cauliflower and the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before processing with a hand blender or food processor.
- Reheat the soup and serve with a swirl of cream (optional) and some chopped chives (optional).
Vary the cumin according to your taste. A single tsp of seeds will give good flavour to the soup, while 2 tsp will make a spicier soup.