If you are lucky enough to encounter wild blackberries then pick them and make a delicious tart!
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 207 10%
Calories from Fat 75
Total Fat 8.4g 12%
Saturated Fat 3.0g 15%
Unsaturated Fat 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate 32.2g 10%
Dietary Fibre 5.5g 22%
Protein 2.2g 4%
Cholesterol 0.0mgs 0%Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 50 g (28 oz) blackberries split into 2 equal piles
- 250 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour (corn starch) or plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Line a flan dish with the pastry.
- Mix together the sugar and flour in a bowl. Add in half of the blackberries and toss well.
- Pour the floured/sugared blackberries into the flan case and spread around evenly.
- Bake at 210°C for 10 minutes, then 180°C for a further 25-30 minutes. Stir the blackberries halfway through cooking to ensure no flour or sugar is visible.
- Remove from the oven and press a layer of blackberries into the hot jam. Allow to cool.
- When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Wild blackberries tend to be sweeter than shop-bought blackberries so it’s worth looking in the hedgerows for them!