Baked potatoes can make a delicious supper and this particular way of doing them reminds me very much of Saturday evenings when I was a child.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 405 20%
Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 2.8g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Unsaturated Fat 2.2g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 87.4g 29%
Dietary Fibre 11.0g 44%
Protein 10.1g 20%
Cholesterol 0.0mgs 0%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 very large baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Fillings of your choice!
- Scrub and dry the potatoes. Rub the skins with oil and salt. Push the potatoes onto metal skewers if you have some.
- Bake at 180°C for at least an hour and until the insides are soft.
- While still hot, cut a ‘hatchway’ into the potato and scoop out the insides. Mash and mix with your choice of fillings and refill the potatoes.
- Bake at 180°C for a further 20-25 minutes before serving.
Your choice of fillings is limted only by your imagination. Some suggestions are:
– Tuna or other tinned fish
– Sweetcorn or other chopped tinned vegetables
– Corned Beef
– Chopped salami
– Tinned chilli mix
– All of the above!