Sole Stuffed with Mushrooms
Lemon Sole stuffed with mushrooms and watercress is a real treat for fish-lovers.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 151 7%
Calories from Fat 38
Total Fat 4.3g 6%
Saturated Fat 1.4g 6%
Unsaturated Fat 1.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 3.5g 1%
Dietary Fibre 0.9g 3%
Protein 21.8g 43%
Cholesterol 75.9mgs 25%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 fillets of sole with the skin removed
- 60 g (2 oz) mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup of watercress leaves
- 2 tbsp (alcohol-free) white wine
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp butter or oil
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and the Worcestershire sauce. Season, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the watercress leaves and cook for a minute or so to wilt the leaves. Remove from the heat.
- Place the fillets skinned-side uppermost on a work surface. Divide the stuffing mixture between the fillets. Roll the fillets up gently from the pointed end and place in a small baking tray with the seam underneath.
- Pour on the wine and bake at 200°C for 12 minutes.
Serve with boiled new potatoes and vegetables of your choice.