This simple British summer dessert will leave you wanting more.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 346 17%
Calories from Fat 259
Total Fat 28.8g 44%
Saturated Fat 17.9g 89%
Unsaturated Fat 9.5g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 20.9g 6%
Dietary Fibre 2.0g 8%
Protein 3.4g 6%
Cholesterol 106.0mgs 35%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 450 g (1 lb) rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) double cream, whipping cream or thick cream
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) Greek or thick yoghurt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Mint sprigs to garnish
- Place the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar. Cover and heat gently until the rhubarb is tender (10-15 minutes). Allow to cool then strain, reserving the juice.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Stir in the yoghurt then fold in the cooled rhubarb.
- Put the fool into individual serving glasses or bowls. Drizzle over some of the juice then chill in the ‘fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
Mix any leftover juice with water to make a delicious and refreshing rhubarb cordail drink.