Quesadillas are quick and easy to prepare and make a great snack or supper.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 296 14%
Calories from Fat 108
Total Fat 12.1g 18%
Saturated Fat 5.9g 29%
Unsaturated Fat 5.5g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 33.6g 11%
Dietary Fibre 4.1g 16%
Protein 12.9g 25%
Cholesterol 26.3mgs 8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 100 g (3½ oz) grated cheese
- 1 small bunch coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
For the cheese & mushroom filling
- 250 g (8 oz) chopped and sautéed mushrooms
For the cheese & bean filling
- 200 g (7 oz) refried beans
- To make a quesadilla, warm a tortilla on a pan for a few seconds to soften it.
- Remove from the pan and put on a layer of mushrooms or beans. Sprinkle on some cheese, onion and coriander. Spoon on a little salsa.
- Roll the tortilla tightly and put to one side with the seam underneath while you prepare the remaining tortillas.
- Place in a pan on a medium heat and allow to heat through until the cheese has melted. Remove from the pan and cut into four pieces.
If you prefer a more conventional-looking quesadilla you can simple fold the tortilla in half in step 3 and cook as step 4.