This is an old and simple way of making cheese…
Servings: per 100 g (3½ oz)
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 300 15%
Calories from Fat 211
Total Fat 23.5g 36%
Saturated Fat 16.7g 83%
Unsaturated Fat 2.7g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 3.3g 1%
Dietary Fibre 0.0g 0%
Protein 20.0g 40%
Cholesterol 83.3mgs 27%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 litre (2 pints) of full-cream milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Bring the milk to a rolling boil in a metal pan.
- Slowly add in the lemon juice with stirring.
- Stir for a further minute and remove from the heat.
- Strain the mixture through some cheesecloth, muslin, or even an old popsock!
- Wash the paneer under cold running water and hang over the tap to drain for 30 minutes.
- Either process the paneer in a food processor to make it smooth, or knead for several minutes until the paneer ceases to be crumbly.
Paneer keeps as well as any other cheese. Use in dishes such as Palak Paneer.