Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oh Mama! Once you’ve eaten one of these cookies you’ll never want shop-bought cookies again. Ever!
Servings: 20 large cookies
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 252 12%
Calories from Fat 104
Total Fat 11.6g 17%
Saturated Fat 6.7g 33%
Unsaturated Fat 3.9g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 34.2g 11%
Dietary Fibre 2.2g 8%
Protein 4.0g 8%
Cholesterol 43.2mgs 14%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250 g (8 oz) butter cut into pieces
- 250 g (8 oz) sugar – brown sugar is best
- 250 g (8 oz) rolled oats or porridge oats
- 200 g (7 oz) plain flour
- 150 g (5 oz) raisins (or currants or sultanas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla flavouring
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add in the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla flavouring. Beat well.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture and beat in. Add in the oats and raisins and mix well with a spoon. The dough should be quite thick by now.
- Place some baking paper on cookie sheet (or use a non-stick cookie sheet). For large cookies, place a generous amounts of cookie dough – I use a ¼ cup measure – onto the cookie sheet spaced about 2″ (5 cm) apart. Press the blobs of dough down to about ½” (1cm) thick.
- Bake at 180°C for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, then place the cookies onto a cooling rack.
If you prefer more crunch from your cookies you can bake them for longer.
If you make the cookies smaller you’ll need to reduce the cooking time slightly.