Mango jam is so easy to make and is wonderful on toast! See Titli juggle her mangoes…
Servings: per 15 g (1 tbsp)
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 26 1%
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0.1g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Unsaturated Fat 0.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 6.7g 2%
Dietary Fibre 0.3g 1%
Protein 0.1g 0%
Cholesterol 0.0mgs 0%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 ripe mangoes (about 1 kg/2 lb)
- 250 g (8 oz) sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel and remove the flesh from the mangoes.
- Chop the mango flesh into smallish pièces and place into a pan.
- Add the lemon juice, sprinkle on the sugar and allow the sugar to dissolve on the mango.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil.
- Keep the mixture on a gentle boil, stirring from time to time to stop the mixture burning on the bottom of the pan.
- After about 45 minutes the jam should be quite thick and the mango quite tender. Break up any large lumps of mango with your spoon.
- Turn off the heat, allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour into sterilised jars.
- Eat. It’s goes well on toast for breakfast!
If you want a really smooth jam, chop the mangoes quite finely. I like a few chunks in my jam.