Mild Low-Fat Curry
This is a very simple dish that can be used with chicken, lamb or vegetables. Simply adjust the cooking time to suit.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 220 11%
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g 6%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Unsaturated Fat 2.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 8.6g 2%
Dietary Fibre 2.2g 8%
Protein 36.8g 73%
Cholesterol 96.3mgs 32%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 300 g (10 oz) of chicken, lamb or vegetables
- 200 g (7 oz) spinach, fresh or frozen
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 40 g (1½ oz) lentils
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Place the lentils, the spices and the vegetable stock in a pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken/lamb/vegetables, cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes or until the chicken/lamb/vegetables are cooked.
- Season with a little salt and serve.
Serve with boiled rice or a chapatti.
If you are using lamb for this dish it is best to brown the lamb in a tsp of oil before adding it to the pan.