Chocolate Marble Cake
Chocolate marble cake is a very simple and pretty cake to make.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 252 12%
Calories from Fat 126
Total Fat 14.1g 21%
Saturated Fat 8.5g 42%
Unsaturated Fat 4.6g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 28.6g 9%
Dietary Fibre 0.6g 2%
Protein 3.3g 6%
Cholesterol 74.8mgs 24%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250 g (8 oz) plain flour
- 250 g (8 oz) sugar
- 250 g (8 oz) butter, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla flavouring
- Add all the ingredients except the cocoa powder into a bowl and beat well, preferably with an electric whisk.
- Split the mixture into two and add the cocoa powder into one of the halves. Beat well.
- Grease and line an 8″ (20 cm) baking tin. Place blobs of one of the mixtures in the tin, then fill in the gaps with blobs of the other mixture.
- Use the handle of a spoon to swirl the batter to create the marbling effect.
- Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes. Check with a skewer that the cake is cooked and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
You can also make this cake in a loaf tin to give a deeper cake.