This is a very hot curry and should only be eaten by people with no taste buds. Mind you, it is very colourful and extremely delicious!
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 650 32%
Calories from Fat 378
Total Fat 42.1g 64%
Saturated Fat 6.7g 33%
Unsaturated Fat 33.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 24.3g 8%
Dietary Fibre 6.0g 24%
Protein 47.3g 94%
Cholesterol 140.0mgs 46%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500 g (16 oz) of tomato coulis or passata or a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400 g (14 oz) chicken, cubed
- 30 green chillis, thereabouts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red capsicum pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp very hot curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tsp extra hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil for the sauce
- 2 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil for the chicken
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions, garlic, and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato coulis, tomato ketchup, tomato paste and the capsicum. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chillis and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan heat the oil and brown the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sauce to the chicken, bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve.
Eat with rice or naan and a large glass or two of lassi! This is not a curry for the faint-hearted…