This French classic is a simple and hearty dish full of flavour and low on calories.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 354 17%
Calories from Fat 110
Total Fat 12.3g 18%
Saturated Fat 2.1g 10%
Unsaturated Fat 8.2g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 11.4g 3%
Dietary Fibre 1.8g 7%
Protein 45.4g 90%
Cholesterol 128.2mgs 42%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 800 g (28 oz) chicken pieces
- 150 g (5 oz) mushrooms, quartered
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) alcohol-free white wine (or water)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the flour into a small plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. One piece at a time, place the chicken in the bag, hold it closed and shake to coat the chicken with flour. Place the chicken pieces onto a plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, turning the pieces only once. Remove from the pan and place in a dish.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the pan. Add the shallots, mushrooms and garlic. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan together with 125 ml (4 fl oz) of water. Crumble in the stock cube and add the alcohol-free wine. Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- To serve, place the chicken pieces into a dish and spoon over the sauce.
You can use any chicken pieces for this dish. Serve with crusty bread for a hearty meal.