Aubergine (Eggplant) Stuffed with Lamb
Aubergines stuffed with lamb is very easy to prepare and makes for a great low-fat supper.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 334 16%
Calories from Fat 136
Total Fat 15.2g 23%
Saturated Fat 5.5g 27%
Unsaturated Fat 8.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 32.1g 10%
Dietary Fibre 16.9g 67%
Protein 21.9g 43%
Cholesterol 58.6mgs 19%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large aubergines (eggplants)
- 350 g (12 oz) lean minced lamb
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and stir-fry the onion until golden.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric. Stir-fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
- And add in the lamb and cook until the meat is fully browned. Turn off the heat and stir in the capsicum and fresh coriander.
- Cut the aubergines in half and cut hollows into each of the halves. Put the halves into a casserole dish and spoon the meat mixture into the aubergines.
- Brush the edges of the aubergines with a little oil and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
Serve with a simple salad or vegetables of your choice. Minced leg of lamb will give the leanest mince for this dish. You can reduce the fat content further by draining the cooked mince lamb from it’s fat.